Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Getting Started JYC 2011

I always have the best intentions of doing a December Daily/Journal Your Christmas Album.  I have made albums before, I have half way finished albums before and I have skipped it all together before also.  But this year I really wanted to do something that was prepared in advance and would be easy to use every day.  I work 12 hour night shifts so on the days I work just getting a photo and a bit of journaling done is all I can manage so I knew that I had better get going, plus what a better way to avoid writing an Ethics Paper for my Masters Class or cleaning house right.  So I went shopping, I shopped Etsy, I shopped 2peasinabucket.com I shopped A Cherry on Top, I shopped Technique Tuesday and I shopped my stash.  I looked at Ali Edwards foundation pages and I wished I lived in the UK so that I could have gotten the lovely kit put together by Shimelle in full.  In the end I ended up with a stack of patterned paper that was almost an inch thick.  So I had to edit thanks to Skype and my bbf I got the stack of pretty papers down to about 30 sheets.  Then I needed so inspiration so I read posts on 2peas in a bucket, and the 2010 forum for JYC, I watched Youtube videos and I came up with a plan.  I already had the album I started last year, never got further then than the front cover and even it was not finished, so I finished it.  It came with 6 8x8 chipboard pages, I also have 6 6x6 chipboard pages, and in my stash I found some 8x8 divided page protectors.  So that is what I am going with.  As of this morning I have finished the first 2 pages and the cover of the album, except for the numbers since I am still waiting for my 2011 stamps to come from Technique Tuesday.
So here is my beginning to JYC 2011.  I will use the tags for photos or journaling when the time comes and the date will go on the circles that look pretty empty right now.






1 comment:

  1. I wish you lived in Eugene again so we could craft together! I have the perfect space now.
    Love, Auntie M.

    ReplyDelete